I was thrilled when I found the Healthy Snacks to Go ebook by Katie Kimball of Kitchen Stewardship!
This 48-page ebook contains more than 21 healthy and kid-friendly snack recipes, including details such as cost break-downs, storage tips and ease of making.
One of my favorite recipes from Healthy Snacks to Go is Katie’s homemade granola bars–and Katie is graciously letting me share her recipe with Humbled Homemaker readers!
- • 4 1/2 c. rolled oats
- • 1 c. whole wheat or spelt flour
- • 1 tsp. baking soda
- • 1 tsp. vanilla
- • 1 c. butter, softened
- • 1 c. honey
- • 2 cups of optional add-ins: mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, dried fruit, sunflower seeds, coconut, other nuts, etc.
- 1. Grease a 9”×13” glass pan.
- 2. Mix butter and honey.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients except optional add-ins. Mix until well combined.
- 4. Stir in add-ins. Press mixture into pan.
- 5. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- 6. Cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into bars. Store at room temperature.
*Katie also includes soaked and chewier versions of these granola bars in Healthy Snacks to Go!*
Want even more healthy food ideas? Through October, Kitchen Stewardship’s The Healthy Lunchbox is 30% off for all The Humbled Homemaker readers! Use code HUMBLE30LUNCH at checkout. With 45 real food recipes, plus 8 colorful printables, you’ll be ready to pack amazing lunches for your family this fall! Pick up your copy HERE!