Welcome to this month’s edition of Homemade Homemaking! I’m honored to be hosting the Healthy 2Day Wednesday link-up from Day2Day Joys this week!
For October, I thought it would be appropriate to post a recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice.
When I was a newlywed, it seemed like I was always running to the store for something I needed for a recipe.
Pumpkin pie spice was one of those things. Then one day it hit me–I had all the spices I needed to make my own spice blends!
Without further ado, here’s today’s recipe for pumpkin pie spice. Scroll down to check out a round-up of some yummy pumpkin recipes–and join in the link-up from Day2Day Joys!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Mix all the spices together! Store in an airtight container and use in one of the following recipes![/print_this]
13 Pumpkin Recipes from Around the Web:
- Pumpkin Spice Bagels @Stacy Makes Cents
- Pumpkin Eggnog @The Purposed Heart
- Deceptively-Delicious Potato (w/ pumpkin!) Soup @Intentional By Grace
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie @Quick&Easy, Cheap&Healthy
- GF Pumpkin Cake @Christian Mommy Blogger
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake @Growing Home
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Pancakes @Kitchen Stewardship
- Pumpkin Spice Latte @Love Veggies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread @Modern Alternative Mama
- Pumpkin Walnut Bread at Keeper of the Home
- Maple Syrup Pumpkin Pie @Jo’s Health Corner
- Gluten/Egg/Soy Free No-Bake Pumpkin Pie @Love Veggies
- Old Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies @The Encouraging Home
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?
I’m linking up with: Works for Me Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Raising Homemakers, Growing Home, Simple Lives Thursday,Turning The Table Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Your Green Resource,Creative Juice, Things I Love Thursday, Cooking Thursday, It’s a Keeper Thursday, DIY Thrifty Thursday, Frugal Friday, Fight Back Friday, Food Trip Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Friday Food, Sweets This Week, Living Well Blog Hop, Freaky Friday
A word from Rachel:
“It’s Healthy 2day Wednesdays 23rd Link Up! So glad you’re here! Thank you for stopping by! Hope you’ll take a second to read some of the other entries! I hope we will all learn something to help make our families healthier!
Each week, I am going to choose 3 posts that really stuck out to me, something that I thought would be encouraging to everyone. (if you would like to nominate someone, please email me).”
Rachel let me choose my top 3 this week. They are:
Rules for this Link up:
Share an idea, tip, recipe, things to avoid, something new to try, alternative medicine, going “green” tips, etc. that will help us to remain or become more healthy!
If this is your first time participating read & get button here
Comment on someone who linked up
Add button or link back to that days link up
Spread the word so we can learn more ideas on keep our families healthy! If you’re not participating today, I hope you’ll come back & join in!