Today I’m posting about how to take advantage of clearance produce over at Keeper of the Home. Here’s an excerpt:
Since this season is all about incorporating more veggies into our diets and eating from our pantries and freezers, I thought it would be a prime time to share one of my favorite frugal grocery shopping tips: how to take advantage of clearance produce.
You can stretch your weekly produce allowance a lot further if you check out the marked-down, overripe fruits and veggies!
I actually map out my grocery trips to stop at the clearance shelves and bins first. Most stores have these, and if you’re not sure if yours does, don’t be afraid to ask the store manager what they do with the overripe produce that isn’t at its prime but is not bad either. By taking advantage of these deals, you can shave up to 50-75% off your produce budget!
Click on over to Keeper of the Home to read the rest of this post!
Check out my other Keeper of the Home posts:
- 10 Homemade Kitchen Cleaners
- 10 Ingredients to Make From Scratch
- Healing Ear Infections Holistically
- Embryo Adoption
- Increase Your Wardrobe–Without Spending Any Money
- A Comparison of Birth Settings: Home, Hospital and Birth Center
- 11 Ways to Celebrate Christ This Christmas
- OB or Midwife: Finding the Birth Provider That Works for You
- Giving Yourself a New Year’s Planning Retreat
- Affording Cloth Diapers on a Low Income
- Fast and Frugal Snacks Straight from your Garden