This post brought to you by P.F. Chang’s. All opinions are 100% mine.
Today we’re hearing from our team member, Nicole, who, along with her husband, recently developed this delicious Garlic Shiitake Broccoli and Beef! The dish was inspired by similar dishes that Nicole has eaten at PF Chang’s, a restaurant she enjoys visiting when her family takes trips to Chicago,which isn’t too far from her native Indiana.
Note from Erin: We do not have a PF Chang’s nearby, but I checked out their gluten-free menu, and I was pleasantly surprised that they have some great offerings!
By Nicole, Contributing Writer
Whenever my husband and I take a trip to Chicago, we always love going to P.F. Chang’s. This yummy Garlic Shiitake Broccoli and Beef is very similar to some of the dishes on their fall line-up.
- • 10 oz. organic or GMO-free soy sauce
- • 3 small garlic cloves, minced and simmered for 15-20 minutes in a small pan
- • 3.5 oz Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- • 24 oz broccoli, cut to bite sized pieces
- • 14 oz. bean sprouts, chopped
- • 1 red anahiem pepper, seeds removed and diced
- • 16 oz flank steak, cut into small stripes
- • 2 cups scallions, chopped
- 1. In a saute pan, add steak strips and 2 oz of soy sauce mixture.
- 2. Brown the steak about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts, scallions and an additional 3 oz of soy sauce mixture.
- 4. Cook about 4-5 minutes; then add broccoli and 2 oz of soy sauce mixture.
- 5. Cook until broccoli turns a bright green color and is tender.
- Serve with or over whole grain brown rice and additional soy sauce mixture if desired. This feeds a family of five--including leftovers!
VIETNAMESE NOODLES W/ STEAK AND SHRIMP
AND THE KOREAN CHICKEN WINGS
Check out their new The Goodness of Fall Contest contest, which includes daily prize drawings for $50 P.F. Chang’s gift cards and a grand prize of a Spring 2014 trip for two to Napa Valley, CA.
The Goodness of Fall Contest contest is simple. To enter, visit P.F. Chang’s Facebook page by clicking here. Select at least 3 of the listed ingredients and create a unique fall dish. The top 5 recipes will be submitted to a four judge panel to decide the grand prize winner. The judges include P.F. Chang’s co-founder, Philip Chiang, Chang’s Head Development Chef, Yuji Iwasa, Beverage Director, Mary Melton and Food Blogger, Jennifer Chong.
My husband and I decide to give the contest a try, as we enjoy cooking together. We decided to dub our creation “Garlic Shiitake Beef and Broccoli”–and I have shared it above. We chose flank steak, shiitake mushrooms and scallions. We added some other yummy ingredients and served it over whole grain brown rice. Our girls LOVED it!
P.F. Chang’s is allowing everyone to celebrate their new Fall items w/ a $10 off coupon for a $40 visit. Follow @pfchangs on Twitter and Follow P.F. Chang’s on Pinterest for more information about how you can enter this contest by creating your own fall-inspired dishes!
We had so much fun doing this as a family! We would love to hear about a creation you cook up! And then submit it for a chance to win those great prizes!
Which P.F. Chang’s fall dish are you most excited try? Have you ever tried to make a restaurant-inspired recipe at home?