You will not want to miss these gluten free mozzarella sticks. They are incredibly yummy and surprisingly easy to make!
Mozzarella sticks have been my favorite restaurant appetizer since I was a child.
Would you believe, then, that, up until recently, I had not eaten mozzarella sticks in years?!
Why did I go without this delicious delicacy?
Simple: My family is now gluten-free, and I’ve yet to find a restaurant that offers gluten-free mozzarella sticks.
I don’t know why it had never occurred to me to try my hand at creating my own gluten-free mozzarella sticks, but I’m so glad I finally did!
Using fresh mozzarella cheese from Galbani®, an authentic cheese from Italy; a gluten-free flour blend; eggs; and olive oil, I whipped up these gluten-free mozzarella sticks in mere minutes!
Without further ado, check out my recipe. It’s one you won’t want to miss!
- • 2 x 8 oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
- • 1/2 cup of Trim Healthy Mama baking blend OR 1/4 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour
- • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- • 1 tsp. onion powder
- • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- • 2-3 pinches sea salt
- • 2 eggs, whisked
- • 4-6 Tbsp. olive or refined coconut oil
- 1. Combine baking blend or flour mixture and all seasonings.
- 2. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- 3. Form cheese slices into "sticks" and dip in whisked eggs.
- 4. Dip cheese sticks into flour-seasoning mixture.
- 5. Fry cheese sticks in the olive oil on medium heat.
- 6. Blot mozzarella sticks on paper towels.
- Enjoy with marinara sauce!
I follow the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. These gluten free mozzarella sticks are considered a Trim Healthy Mama S.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Taste of Home. The opinions and text are all mine.