Yield 6 Freezer Meals
- 7 C uncooked rice
- 8 chicken breasts, shredded
- 32 oz mayonnaise (I use vegenaise)
- 2 C sour cream
- 8 C chopped broccoli
- 4 C cheddar cheese
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Gather ingredients.
- Cook rice to according to the directions. (It will take a long time since there'll be so much.)
- While rice is cooking, prepare chicken. You can do this a few different ways such as boiling, sauteing, baking, in the Instant Pot or even in the crock pot beforehand.
- Chop the broccoli, then steam it. Set aside.
- Once the rice, chicken and broccoli are prepared, divide ingredients into two large mixing bowls.
- Then divide the remaining ingredients into the two bowls except for 2 cups of cheese, mix well.
- Pour mixture equally into 6 disposable pans, sprinkle tops with the remaining cheese.
- Cover each pan with foil and place into a freezer zip bag.
- Write cooking directions on zip bag.*
- Place in freezer.
- Enjoy for several dinners to come!
* Cooking directions to write on foil or zip bag:
- Chicken Divan Casserole (everything is pre-cooked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until middle is done
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/10-easy-freezer-meals/