Almost-Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips/tenders*
- 1/2 cup whole wheat (or GF) bread crumbs
- 1/8-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 clove chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Place oil in one medium bowl and mix all seasonings, cheese and bread crumbs in another medium bowl.
- Dip chicken into oil, then coat it with the bread crumb/seasonings mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes on 400 F or until no longer pink in the middle.
- *There is no reason why you can't use bone-in chicken breasts or even thighs, legs, etc.
- GF: Use GF bread crumbs and spices.
- DF: Leave out cheese.
Adapted from South Beach Diet.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/almost-fried-chicken-tenders-and-plan/