Creamy Potato Soup with Veggies
Yield 6-8 servings
- 8 white potatoes, peeled & diced
- 4 carrots, peeled & sliced into "coins"
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 32 oz. stock (chicken, ham or veggie)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- thyme, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped kale
- enough water to cover potatoes & carrots
- Boil potatoes and carrots until just soft (but not mushy).
- Add stock, celery, mushrooms, milk and seasonings.
- Cook on medium-high until soup starts to bubble.
- Add kale and cook for a few minutes on medium-low.
- Set on simmer until ready to serve. (I sometimes serve immediately.)
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/creamy-potato-soup-with-veggies-plan-it/