Crock Pot Baked Potato Bar
- Large baked potatoes (I cooked 5 potatoes in a 6-quart Crock Pot - you could easily add a few more, but may need to extend the cooking time)
- Sea salt
- Toppings of choice (we like butter, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives, and pastured bacon crumbles)
- Rinse and scrub potatoes, then prick each potato a few times with a fork.
- Place potatoes directly into the Crock Pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until done. If not serving right away, quickly brush water over each potato using a pastry brush to prevent the skins from cracking, then cover and turn to the "keep warm" setting until ready to serve.
- To serve, make a cross-shaped cut in the top of each potato and press inward on opposite ends to create an opening (use a kitchen towel to protect your hands if potatoes are too hot!).
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt, then add toppings of choice.
You can add 2-4 Tbsp water to the Crock Pot before cooking if desired - this will keep the skins more moist and soft, but I find that the firmer, drier skins hold up better for stuffed baked potatoes.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/crock-pot-baked-potato-bar/