Easiest Chicken Tortilla Soup
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa (or 1 16 oz. jar)
- 2 cups pre-cooked black beans (or 1 can, rinsed and drained)
- water or chicken broth
- optional: 1 can corn (I usually don't because of GMOs.)
- Boil chicken breasts in large stock pot. If you already have chicken pre-cooked and shredded, you’re ahead of the game!
- Reserve boiled water, shred chicken and place back in stock pot with water.
- Pour salsa and beans into pot. (No extra seasonings needed...the salsa provides all the flavor!)
- Add enough water and/or chicken stock until soup reaches your desired consistency.
- Bring to a boil then turn burner to low until you’re ready to serve.
- Top with shredded cheese and sour cream or plain yogurt. Serve with tortilla chips.
- You can add a lot of liquid for a true soup or just a little for a more stew-like consistency. I enjoy it both ways. Of course, the more liquid you add, the more servings this will yield! I have also tried this with garbanzo beans, and it was scrumptious!
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/easiest-chicken-tortilla-soup-ever/