Fashionable, stylish and trendy are words that I would never use to describe myself.
So I say that God had quite the sense of humor when he chose to give me not one but three little girls–one of whom is tom-boyish but girly, one of whom is–already at 3 1/2–a fashion queen, and the other, well, she’s not even two yet, but she is already trying to dress herself.
I really do see myself as a “girl mom,” but when it comes to dressing my girls cutely (and even styling their hair!), I need all the help I can get.
I recently had the opportunity to get the inside scoop on the new Carter’s clothing line for fall. Many of the clothes my girls wear are Carter’s brand, and one thing I really like about them is that they keep kids kids.
When you look at some other children’s clothing lines, especially in the 4-7 size range, sometimes they get too grown up too fast. In my opinion, Carter’s keeps things modest and tasteful.
This is especially important to me as a girl mom!
Check out some of these key fall fashion trends for 2014:
Activewear / “Ath Leisure”
- Comfortable to play in
- Fun graphics with positive messages
- Seamlessly add to your existing wardrobe
- Versatile ways to wear these pieces
- Easy to layer for fall
- Includes PJ’s
- Not just for boys!
- Pattern mixing is a great way to add a new, fun twist to camo pieces for both boys and girls
- For boys – wear bright colors, like red, with camo
- For girls – wear floral patterns with camo
- All about the mix and match – take something very athletic and give it a girly twist (e.g., sweatshirt paired with lace skirt)
- Camo shoes with sparkly pink shoelaces; high tops for girls with pink laces
- Cuffs turned back on sweatshirts
- Military jacket with floral vintage print on the inside
- Smaller, sweeter graphics
- Includes graphics like ponies, puppies, floral – things girls love to wear
- Unexpected ways to wear vintage prints are available, like vintage patterned rain boots
- Taking something traditional and twisting it to make it feel fresh and new for fall
- New and fresh colors on the boys’ plaid shirts
New: Sizes 7-12!
I was really excited to hear that Carter’s is now offering sizes 7-12 in 62 of their stores! I hear that this size range is so hard to shop for, and my oldest will be in size 7 next! Carter’s goal is to take age appropriate clothing and makes it available for older kids. I am hopeful that this line will grow.
40% off Sale and Coupon!
The Carter’s fall line is already in stores, and right now, until August 15, Carter’s is holding a 40% off entire store promo! Also, click on the above image of the 20% off coupon, open it in a new tab and print it out and use it on your order!
For more fall fashion trends for kids, you can follow me on the Carter’s Vintage Prints board on Pinterest!
Win a $50 Carter’s gift card!
Comment on this post, letting me know which fall fashion trend appeals to you the most! Each commenter will be entered into a giveaway for a $50 Carter’s gift card! I will choose a winner via random.org on August 2 at midnight, EST!
Which fall fashion trend appeals to you the most?
Disclosure: This conversion is sponsored by Carter’s. All opinions are mine.