Freezer-to-Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and "use-by" date. (I use these simple printable labels.)
- Add all ingredients.
- Remove as much air from the bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer for up to three months.
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken and serve with cooked onions and peppers.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/freezer-crockpot-chicken-fajitas/