- 2 cups soaked and cooked black beans
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 bell pepper (green, red or yellow), diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 /2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Heat pan to medium and add oil. Add beans, cilantro, garlic, peppers and stock and saute until soft. (The beans should already be pretty soft from cooking.)
- Once softened and very hot, add the rice, salt and stock.
- Continue to cook on medium until all the stock is absorbed. Then cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/gallo-pinto-traditional-costa-rican/