Garlic Shiitake Broccoli and Beef
- 10 oz. organic or GMO-free soy sauce
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced and simmered for 15-20 minutes in a small pan
- 3.5 oz Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 24 oz broccoli, cut to bite sized pieces
- 14 oz. bean sprouts, chopped
- 1 red anahiem pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 16 oz flank steak, cut into small stripes
- 2 cups scallions, chopped
- In a saute pan, add steak strips and 2 oz of soy sauce mixture.
- Brown the steak about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts, scallions and an additional 3 oz of soy sauce mixture.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes; then add broccoli and 2 oz of soy sauce mixture.
- Cook until broccoli turns a bright green color and is tender.
Serve with or over whole grain brown rice and additional soy sauce mixture if desired. This feeds a family of five--including leftovers!
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/garlic-shiitake-beef-and-broccoli/