Gluten/Dairy-Free Strawberry Crisp
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, washed and sliced (You can also use frozen...but fresh are oh-so-yummy!)
- 1/2 cup organic sugar (evaporated cane juice)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp. all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill brand, which you can purchase at Vitacost, but you can make your own as well.)
- 1 cup sucanat
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats (I also use Bob's Red Mill brand.)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 10 Tbsp. cold, unrefined coconut oil (The coconut oil needs to be solid. The oil will add a very slight, sweet coconut flavor to the crisp. My husband does not even like coconut, and he still eats this up!)
- Combine berries, lemon juice, organic sugar, and 3 Tbsp. of flour in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining dry ingredients, and cut in the cold coconut oil with biscuit cutter or two knives. (If the coconut oil is melted, it will be much harder to spread the “crumble” on top of the berries.)
- Spread berry mixture in 9x13 in. baking dish. Sprinkle combined dry ingredients/butter on top of berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Top with a whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/gluten-freedairy-free-strawberry-crisp/