Grain-Free Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 egg*
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 c. milk (or coconut milk)
- Stir all dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour into a 7" baking pan or a 6-cup cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 20 min.
I have *not* yet tried this with an egg substitute. Unfortunately, using flax meal and water did NOT work as an egg sub in this recipe.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/grain-free-carrot-cake-and-treat/