Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich
Yield 1 sandwich
- 1 egg
- 2 slices bread of your choice
- 1 strip bacon (uncooked)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add pepper if desired. Butter one side of each piece of bread. Coat inside of pie iron with butter, coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Cut bacon into 4 pieces and lay on one side of the pie iron. Try to cover as much of the iron as possible. Put one slice of bread atop the bacon, butter side down. Some bread may stick out, that is okay.
- Carefully pour egg mixture onto bread and add cheese. Add remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Close pie iron. Trim off any excess bread from the outside edges. Hold over hot coals4-6 minutes, turning often until bread is toasted.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/healthy-camping-foods/