Homemade Garlic Powder
- cutting board
- sharp knife
- a dehydrator
- a blender or spice grinder
- jars for storing
- Break up the garlic bulbs and remove all the garlic peels.*
- Remove the ends and any blemishes that are on the garlic.
- Slice the garlic. (This does not have to be thin, but you want the slices to be around the same size.)
- Place the sliced garlic on the racks of your dehydrator, making sure not to overlap them. (Perfect job for a toddler!)
- Turn dehydrator on 125 degrees and let dry for about 10-12 hours or until the garlic is completely dry.
- Take your garlic slices and blend or grind in a high power device into a fine powder.**
- Place in jars.
* This is by far the most time consuming part. However, if your kids are like mine, you can get this done with much speed and their help. Give each a child a bowl, put the pile of garlic between them and have them see who can fill their bowl the fastest. It works every time here.
** If you don't have a grinder or blender that works well enough, leave the garlic as slices! I love adding this to soup and gravies. I also chop the dried slices and throw them into stir fry dishes. They are nice to have on hand.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/homemade-garlic-powder/