Homemade Graham Crackers - Gluten, Dairy and Egg-Free
- 2 cups + 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup all-purpose GF flour (I use Bob's Red Mill, but you can make your own.)
- 1 cup sucanat
- 7 Tbsp. chilled palm shortening
- 1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- extra cinnamon/sucanat for sprinkling
- Mix together flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, sucanat, baking soda and salt.
- Add mixed ingredients to food processor and add in chilled shortening.
- Pulse until well blended and crumbly.
- Add honey, water and vanilla. Continue processing until dough forms.
- Place dough in a greased ball and knead until you can form a ball. Then, separate dough into two balls.
- Press dough onto greased parchment paper lined on a large baking sheet.
- Roll until about 1/8 in. in thickness.
- Cut into rectangles with a pizza cutter (I had to also re-cut when they came out).
- Prick little holes in each cracker with a fork or toothpick.
- Let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sucanat and cinnamon!
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/homemade-homemaking-allergen-free/