Homemade Peppermint Mocha
- 1 cup strong coffee*
- 1 cup steamed milk (I typically use almond milk, but I imagine coconut milk would lend itself to an extra sweetness!)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sucanat (unrefined, granulated sugar...which you can get at Vitacost if you don't have access to it locally)
- 3 tablespoons peppermint syrup (Find my easy-peasy recipe for homemade peppermint syrup here!)
- Make cup of coffee to your desired strength.
- Steam your cup of milk in a small pot. Whisk until it's nice and bubbly looking.
- Pour coffee into mug and add the rest of your ingredients, stirring to dissolve the sucanat and cocoa powder. Pour milk over top of coffee mixture.
- You can top with homemade whipped cream or a homemade marshmallow, and drizzling chocolate sauce or sprinkling cocoa powder or crushed peppermint candies on top would make even a nicer display for guests. But I'll be honest: I don't do all that. ???? I guess I'm just lazy and want my peppermint mocha while it's hot!
* The strength of your coffee is all your personal preference. If you aren't typically a coffee drinker and just want to see if you like a peppermint mocha, try experimenting by just making a regular cup. I typically make mine with 1 Tbsp. of coffee to 1 cup water--which really isn't very strong, but it's twice as strong as a normal cup I'd make for myself. The coffee shop peppermint mocha is made with a very strong espresso.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/homemade-peppermint-mocha-dairy-refined-sugar-free-and-easy/