Sweet Potato Chili in the Instant Pot
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 1/2 cups tomato sauce (or two 15 oz. cans)
- 1.5 cups of water or broth 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced) 2 medium diced bell peppers
- 3 large stalks celery (diced)
- 1 medium or 2 small diced sweet potato (diced into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 2 cans of beans drained and rinsed (kidney or red beans are tasty)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper dash cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Turn the instant pot to the saute setting. Then, add the ground beef and saute until browned.
- Once it’s almost browned, add the garlic, onions, and celery and saute a couple of minutes longer. Toss in the rest of the ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Set the lid to the closed setting so pressure will build and set the timer to 8 minutes on high pressure.
- Once done, carefully use the quick release to relieve the pressure. Serve with rice or a baked potato for a delicious hearty meal.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/instant-pot-sweet-potato-chili-recipe/