Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes Allergen-Free Version (gluten, egg, dairy-free)
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose gluten free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill, but you can use can make your own.)
- 1 ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup allergen-free milk (rice, coconut or almond)
- Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil or butter. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet ingredients in another.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoons or with a melon baller into the muffin pan. Bake on 350F for 12-15 minutes. (It should take slightly less time to bake the allergen-free version.)
- While the donut holes are baking, combine sucanat and pumpkin pie spice. Pour melted coconut oil in another dish. I leave mine on the stovetop, so the coconut oil doesn’t harden. Once you take the donut holes out of the oven, dip them in the oil, then roll them in the sucanat/spice mixture.
If not consumed within a day, these should be refrigerated.
Adapted from Crumbs and Chaos.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/natural-holiday-allergen-free-pumpkin/