- 2 cups sucanat
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Chop chocolate and set aside.
- Mix sucanat and milk in medium saucepan over low-medium heat, stirring constantly as you slowly raise the temperature.
- Continue stirring as the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in chocolate.
- Return to heat and let sit (do not stir) until temperature reachers 238 degrees F. with a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and place pan in a cold water bath.
- Add the butter and let sit until candy in bath until temperature reads 110 degrees F.
- Once temperature has lowered to 110, beat fudge until butter is completely mixed in and fudge as lost its sheen. Make sure all fudge is incorporated (on spoon, from bottom and sides of pan, etc.).
- Once fudge has reached the consistency of a thick frosting and isn't shiny, transfer it into an 8x8 dish.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut into small squares--and enjoy!
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/real-food-chocolate-fudge-recipe/