Simple Sugar Snap Pea Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. brown rice (GF) pasta (I usually use spirals or penne.)
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas OR snow peas, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter OR coconut oil (for DF)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 12 oz. shrimp or other meat of choice (optional)*
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil, butter or coconut oil to saute shrimp
- crumbled goat cheese, to taste (leave off for DF)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Boil the pasta in a large pot. Add peas 3 minutes before pasta is ready. Drain.
- If using shrimp, saute in butter, olive oil or coconut oil in separate pan. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in large pot used to cook pasta/peas. Add garlic and lemon zest and saute about one minute. (Do not let garlic turn brown!)
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add pasta and peas back to the pot and toss to combine.
- Add cooked shrimp* and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/simple-sugar-snap-pea-pasta-salad-with/