Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large (or 2 small) carrot, sliced into "coins"
- 2-3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 c. butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour (or rice flour for GF)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups pre-cooked rice (white, brown or wild....I use brown.)
- 1 c. cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- rosemary, to taste
- 1 c. milk (or rice milk for dairy free)
- In a large saucepan, saute the garlic, carrot and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add broth.
- Stir in rice, chicken, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in milk and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
Add this recipe to Plan to Eat here.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/sizzlin-soups-series-creamy-chicken-and/