Today, I have the wonderful opportunity to share with you a recipe for a yummy, real-food chocolate fudge from Modern Alternative Mama’s eCookbook, Wholesome Comfort: Whole Food to Warm and Nourish Your Family!
I own nearly all of Kate’s eBooks, but I have to say Wholesome Comfort is my favorite. In this book, she takes old favorites and re-makes them the healthy, real-food way. The results are food you grew up with–minus the processed ingredients that could cost you your health.
The recipe list alone has me drooling:
- Chicken and Dumplings,
- Macaroni and Cheese,
- Roast Beef,
- Italian Sausage,
- Chicken Pot Pie,
- Scalloped Potatoes,
- Green Bean Casserole,
- Mashed Potatoes,
- Apple Pie with Crumb Topping,
- No Bake Cookies,
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge,
- and more than 31 other recipes!
(You can check out the entire recipe list here!)
But I know what you really want–the Chocolate Fudge recipe!
- 2 cups sucanat
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. butter
1. Chop chocolate and set aside.
2. Mix sucanat and milk in medium saucepan over low-medium heat, stirring constantly as you slowly raise the temperature.
3. Continue stirring as the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and add in chocolate.
5. Return to heat and let sit (do not stir) until temperature reachers 238 degrees F. with a candy thermometer.
6. Remove from heat and place pan in a cold water bath.
7. Add the butter and let sit until candy in bath until temperature reads 110 degrees F.
8. Once temperature has lowered to 110, beat fudge until butter is completely mixed in and fudge as lost its sheen. Make sure all fudge is incorporated (on spoon, from bottom and sides of pan, etc.).
9. Once fudge has reached the consistency of a thick frosting and isn’t shiny, transfer it into an 8×8 dish.
10. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
11. Cut into small squares–and enjoy!
Kate is giving all humbled homemaker readers 25% off Wholesome Comfort through 5/7! Use code:
- Treat Yourself: Real Food Desserts
- Breast to Bib: Nourishing Healthy Children, One Meal at a Time
- Real Food, Real Easy (compilation book of 7 bloggers–including yours truly!)
I have included affiliate links in this post. Thank you for supporting The Humbled Homemaker!