Do you desire to create a healthy home, but feel like you’re just too…
- exhausted, or
- scatterbrained to make it a reality?
Perhaps you have a hard time keeping up with basic housekeeping and parenting–much less the confidence and focus you need to build a healthier lifestyle for both yourself and your family.
It’s just too daunting. You don’t know where to start.
You, my friend, are not alone. But there is hope–and a whole lot of it.
I believe that you can confidently create a healthier home for your loved ones – without becoming exhausted or overwhelmed.
What others are saying:
“I really appreciate your blog and the honesty and integrity you show in your writing. I also appreciate your balanced approach to organic foods when it seems so unaffordable for many of us.” ~Eileen“Your blog was a blessing to me when I didn’t even know I needed it. I was super sick and couldn’t figure out why. From reading your blog, I was able to see that I had adrenal fatigue. Thank you for all that you do.” ~Emilie“I stumbled across your blog when you were offering your ebook about cloth diapers, and it changed my world. You made it so much less intimidating and since then I’ve found many things helpful on your blog.” ~Lindsay
Imagine a life where:
- you didn’t have to feel guilty for not having the perfect home.
- you didn’t feel like you have to be stuck in “hot mess mom” mode until your kids grow up.
- you could make slow but steady and consistent changes that would afford you the dream of the healthier lifestyle you desire.
I created The Humbled Homemaker to help women like you learn how to confidently create the healthy home you want without overwhelm or exhaustion.
I’m Erin, and I once was where you may find yourself now.
As a newlywed who had watched my mom battle cancer when I was a teenager, I desperately wanted to create a healthy home for myself and my family. But the challenges of motherhood and homemaking left me feeling scatterbrained, exhausted, and guilty. I was also plagued by anxiety and occasional panic attacks. I was in survival mode; forming and cultivating healthier habits was out of the question.
It seemed like every blogger I read was either the perfect homemaker who added to my feelings of shame that I wasn’t doing enough, or else the “hot mess mom,” who’d resigned to living in chaos until her kids were grown. Was my dream of a well-running, healthy home even possible?
Happily, it was–as I finally discovered when I began working with my now-mentor and dear friend, Holly. I was able to take what I had learned and put it into practice in my home.
While I’ll never be that elusive “perfect” homemaker and mom, I feel both confident and competent. I feed my family healthy foods, confidently use natural remedies and household products, and I’ve been able to greatly reduce my anxiety. I’m now passionate about helping other women create healthier homes for themselves and their families as well.
Here is what you can expect from The Humbled Homemaker:
- a focus on health from a mind + body + spirit perspective:
- Our Healthy Home category will equip you with all you need for natural and non-toxic cleaning and organizing.
- Our Healthy Family category will equip you with caring for your loved ones’ health & wellness needs from a natural perspective (starting with natural pregnancy & birth!). Beyond the physical, I seek to educate and encourage other moms to nurture their children’s mental & spiritual health, using a biblical worldview as my framework.
- Our Healthy You category will equip you with caring for yourself–holistically. I’m a firm believer that a healthy home starts with a healthy mom. We cannot effectively care for our children if we are not healthy ourselves. This doesn’t mean we strive for perfection but that we take intentional steps towards wellness–in how we eat, move (gently–no P90X here!), and relate to others. At The Humbled Homemaker, you will find resources for developing the spiritual, mental & emotional, and physical health it takes to confidently create a healthier home for your loved ones–without becoming exhausted or overwhelmed.
- a weekly newsletter with tips & tricks on creating the healthier home you desire (sign up here).
- blog posts to get you started, like:
A 4-Step Laundry Routine That WORKS
Dear Mom Who Can’t Afford Organic Food
The Ultimate Guide to Building a Natural Medicine Cabinet
How I Stopped Blaming the Baby and Started Losing Weight
My Plan for Adrenal Fatigue Recovery
Hope for Healing a Diastasis Recti (Mummy Tummy)
- free clean skincare and makeup classes, featuring the non-toxic Beautycounter products (sign up here for my Clean Beauty newsletter).
- printable packs, ebooks, and other resources to help you jumpstart a healthier home for your family
- 1:1 and group coaching – coming soon!
What others are saying:
“I’ve always been wanting to send you a note to tell you how your blogging ministry and work have helped change my life and brought me so much joy. Since my injury and my girls’ allergy diagnosis, I have made 1,001 changes in the way my family and I live day to day. It’s been largely through your help and my integrative health care providers that I’ve totally embraced natural living and I LOVE it!!! I praise God so often for you and your passion for what you do.” ~Kathryn“Thanks for being a positive voice in a largely negative world. Thanks for having the courage to live against the grain. Thanks for graciously allowing your life to be scrutinized by many, because you choose to be transparent (as a pastor’s wife, I know how tough THAT is!). Just thanks, Erin. I appreciate you as a blogger, a fellow mom, and a kindred spirit.” ~Kristy“I just wanted to let you know how much I love your newsletters! Each one feels like a message from a good friend, encouraging me on a journey I’m finding pretty tough right now.” ~Katrina
Erin Odom – BA, Mom of 4, Author, Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle Coach, Clean Beauty Advocate, and Founder of The Humbled Homemaker
In case you wanted to know a bit more about me personally, here is a random snapshot.
- I’m an ENFP & an Enneagram 7w6. An introverted extrovert, I will chat your ears off but will then need alone time. I make friends fast, and I hope you can be one of them!
- I’m a natural redhead, but, during my four pregnancies, my children “stole” my pigment. It’s now exactly what Anne of Green Gables always wanted–a deep auburn. (I actually miss the red!)
- I married a natural redhead, and we, indeed, have four redheaded children.
- I majored in journalism and Spanish in college and met my husband in Costa Rica. Before becoming a mom, I worked at a non-profit for immigrants in Memphis, TN and taught English, journalism, and ESL in both Costa Rica and Mississippi.
- I also worked as a newspaper reporter and writer. I’ve written several ebooks and authored two books with Zondervan–More Than Just Making It and You Can Stay Home With Your Kids.
- I had 3 girls within 4 years, and our son surprised us 4 1/2 years after our third daughter was born. That means I navigated puberty and potty training at the same time. (I’m passionate about natural childbirth and breastfeeding, even though those seasons of my life have ended.)
- I’ve been married to my husband, Will, since 2005. Ours is a post-crisis marriage. An intentional, healing, 6-month separation in 2019 was the best thing we’ve ever done for our marriage. The year 2020 was the start to our “new” marriage, and we’re very passionate about helping others navigate marriage crisis as well.
- I used to struggle with a lot of anxiety and fear, and God used my marriage crisis in 2019 to largely deliver me from both.
I’ve been honored to be guests on many television, radio, and podcast shows over the years. As well, I’ve written articles for many newspapers, magazines, and online publications. Here is a sample of some of these interviews and articles, if you’re interested in getting to know me better.
Radio & Video Interview @ Focus on the Family
Radio Interview @ In the Market with Janet Parshall/Moody Radio
Television Interview @ the 700 Club
“5 Ways to Eat Well on a Budget” television interview @ Charlotte Today
“When You Feel Like You’re Barely Making It” devotional @ Proverbs 31
I am passionate about encouraging and gently educating other moms who desire to create a healthier home without becoming exhausted or overwhelmed. If you’re new to The Humbled Homemaker, sign up for my free, weekly newsletter here–or click on the image below.
You can reach me at [email protected] and can find my daily inspiration and encouragement on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.