Clean anything in your home with this giant list of DIY homemade, all-natural cleaning recipes! This is the fresh and fun way to enjoy a healthier home…and maybe even enjoy cleaning a little more, too!
After my first child was born, I started making my own homemade, all-natural cleaning products.
My purpose in making homemade, all-natural cleaners is two-fold:
1. It saves me money.
2. I can control the ingredients, which allows me to eliminate the toxins found in the majority of store-bought household cleaners.
I started out with a basic vinegar-water, all-purpose cleaner, which is incredibly easy to put together and only pennies to make! It is still one of my favorites.
A few weeks ago I chatted with Jenny from Southern Savers about making homemade, all-natural cleaners. I had to laugh at the thought of an entire podcast of me talking about making cleaners at home, when it really is so incredibly easy!
If you are planning on making your own cleaners, I recommend you go ahead and purchase some of the basic ingredients you will need for many of these recipes.
8 Homemade Cleaner Ingredients to Stock in Your Home:
- white vinegar (check out these 30+ ways to use white vinegar)
- baking soda (here are 3 reasons homemakers love baking soda!)
- lemon juice
- hydrogen peroxide
- rubbing alcohol
- washing soda (I use washing soda for SO much!)
- Castile soap (you can buy a big bottle on Amazon)
- and a few essential oils
Now that you have these basic household cleaning ingredients, here’s what you can do with them!
67 Homemade, All-Natural Cleaning Recipes for Your Home
It can be a major timer sucker to search for homemade cleaning recipes all over the internet. So, today, I’m giving you 67 DIY natural cleaning recipes! Enjoy!
Homemade Bathroom Cleaners
1. homemade disinfecting wipes
5. homemade, non-toxic disinfectant
6. homemade bathroom scrub with a surprising secret ingredient
Natural cleaning for the laundry room
For my thoughts on natural laundry care, read 5 Ways to Detox Your Laundry Routine.
8. how to clean a washing machine
Homemade Laundry Detergents:
9. homemade liquid laundry detergent
11. powder laundry detergent using Castile bar soap
13. no-grate homemade laundry detergent
14. easy homemade laundry soap
Homemade Stain Removers:
18. natural bleach alternative
20. a surprising ink stain remover
22. how to remove grass stains
23. how to remove grease stains
24. homemade “Shout” stain remover
25. 1-ingredient crayon remover
27. a set-in stain stain remover
If you want a post with JUST stain removers, you can pin my 10+ Homemade Stain Removers post. Also check out and pin Charting the Way to Successful Stain Removal.
Homemade Fabric Softeners:
31. alternately, use wool dryer balls
Homemade Cleaners for the Kitchen
34. homemade dishwasher detergent
35. dishwasher powder detergent
38. homemade, non-toxic oven cleaner
41. cleaner for burnt pot and pans
For more on keeping your kitchen clean, naturally, read or pin Recipe for a Toxin-Free Kitchen: 10 Homemade Kitchen Cleaners.
DIY Recipes for the Patio and Garage
46. weed killer
47. using vinegar to keep your windshield from frosting in the winter
Cleaners for All Around the House
Homemade Carpet Cleaning:
48. how to get a set-in stain out of carpet
49. green carpet stain remover
51. simple, frugal carpet cleaner
52. homemade, non-toxic carpet cleaner
53. natural, homemade carpet freshener
DIY Furniture Cleaner:
55. homemade furniture polish and wood restorer
Homemade Glass Cleaners:
58. easy, green window cleaner
59. “fauxbreeze“(a natural spin on Febreeze)
61-62. two odor eliminating, air freshening sprays
Homemade All-purpose Cleaners:
65. multi-purpose citrus cleaner
66. simple, homemade, 3-in-1 household cleaner
67. homemade, all-purpose cleaner (with a video tutorial!)
Want even more homemade, all-natural cleaning inspiration?
Check out these posts:
6 Homemade Bathroom Cleaning Recipes
Deep Cleaning Your Home Naturally
And check out my Homemade Cleaners board on Pinterest. I’m constantly adding to it!
Do you have a recipe for a cleaner for something to clean tape residue off of furniture? When we moved I got tape on my good furniture and can’t get it off now. I am looking for something gentle that won’t harm my furniture to remove the sticky residue from the tape left on my dresser. any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated Thank you!
Great list – sooo helpful to have it all in one place! Pinning! 🙂
This is totally a huge list of homemade cleaning recipes! Definitely a big help for all of us, thank you. Since many people are searching for best home remedies when it comes to general house cleaning, no worries for them, now. I will surely share these wonderful and useful recipes.
allergic to chemicals and sprays, many allergies