Although I do not sell essential oils, I do use them in my home every day and have been using them for five years now.
Essential oils are a hot topic, and I’m excited to share with you some ways we–and some of our Humbled Homemaker friends–use them in our homes!
- Add essential oils to the washing machine for both a disinfecting boost and to scent your laundry.
- Dab some essential oils on wool dryer balls or a wet cloth and throw into the dryer in place of dryer sheets.
- Drop lemon, tea tree, or lavender essential oils into a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and clean your toilet with this instead of toilet bowl cleaner!
- Diffuse lavender in your bedroom for restful sleep. (Here is the diffuser we use.)
- Diffuse an immune-boosting blend in your living room to keep illness at bay.
- Add an immune-boosting blend to some purified water to make your own disinfecting spray or hand sanitizer.
- Add orange essential oil to vinegar and water to make a homemade citrus multi-purpose cleaner.
- Use lemon and tea tree essential oils to make a DIY shower cleaner.
- Make a homemade air freshener.
- Add essential oils to homemade foaming hand soap: We love peppermint at Christmas!
- DIY your own herbal perfume.
- Make your own natural, non-toxic deodorant.
- Make your own lotion bars.
- Or, make your own lavender-tea tree moisturizing coconut oil stick.
- DIY your own carpet freshener.
- Make your own natural toothpaste.
- Make your own liquid dish soap.
- There are several different variations on how you can make your own sunscreen too–like this one and this one.
- Get some natural relief from seasonal allergies.
- Or, relieve labor pains, naturally.
- Relax in a nice detox bath.
- Make homemade disinfecting wipes.
- Use it to ward off teething pain.
- Or to make your own frugal skincare products.
- Add them to your oil cleansing routine.
- Make a sugar scrub–-and give it away!
- Use essential oils in your DIY beauty routine.
What are your favorite ways to use essential oils around your home?
Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle
Do you want to learn more (much more!) about using essential oils and herbs in your home? Check out The Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle! It includes $800 worth of handpicked resources for a whopping 92% off! Learn all about the bundle and see what’s included HERE.
Hi Erin, thanks for the great post and wonderful pictures.
This is useful information for me, thanks for this post!