Get your dishes clean without toxins! Here’s a recipe for easy homemade liquid dish soap using just a few ingredients, like castile soap and essential oils.
This month’s homemade homemaking recipe is for an easy homemade liquid dish soap!
I’ll be the first to confess that in this season of life I mostly use my dishwasher. With a toddler and a preschooler, my dishes dirty fast, and neither of my girls are quite old enough to help me hand wash–yet. 🙂
But there are times I simply need liquid dish soap–whether it be for soaking a grimy pot or pan or for quickly washing a kitchen tool I may need to re-use within the same recipe.
And this homemade liquid soap recipe couldn’t be get any easier! I will admit that you may need to use slightly more than a conventional dish detergent, and, although it does create suds, once you’ve soaked your dishes for a while, the suds will slowly disappear.
But it still gets your dishes clean–with NO toxins found in many conventional dish soaps (like endocrine-disrupting phthalates, which can potentially lower sperm count or even contribute to liver cancer!).
Without further ado, here’s my recipe for an easy-peasy homemade liquid dish soap!
Homemade Liquid Dish Soap
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap (unscented or whatever your favorite scent is…I like using tea tree for the added antibacterial properties.)
- 1/8 cup water
- 4 drops essential oil scent of choice (I use orange, as I make this into a citrus soap.)
- 1 tsp. homemade all-purpose citrus cleaner (1tsp. of vinegar can be an alternate here–but I simply LOVE my homemade citrus cleaner, and I always have it on hand. It also makes for a nice addition to this citrus soap.)
Simply mix everything together and store it in an old liquid dish soap bottle! Use as you would store-bought liquid dish soap.
Do you make your own liquid dish soap? What is your favorite liquid dish soap recipe?
More Homemade Homemaking posts:
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
- Amazingly Easy Homemade Garlic Salt
- Homemade Bread Crumbs
- 10 Ingredients to Make from Scratch
- Homemade Allergen-Free Graham Crackers
- Homemade Foaming Hand Soap
Want to learn how to make more than 30 homemade household cleaners? Check out the eBook Simply Clean!