This gluten free strawberry cobbler recipe will guide you in making a dessert that melts in your mouth and leaves you begging for more. Not only is it gluten free but it’s also sugar free, dairy free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S!
Our family went on our annual strawberry-picking outing this weekend, and I couldn’t wait to get home and start making a strawberry dessert.
My dilemma this year?
I’m now eating according to the Trim Healthy Mama diet (and cookbook).
I needed a gluten free strawberry cobbler recipe that was also Trim Healthy Mama-compliant–stat!
I’m happy to report that once I tweaked my original gluten free strawberry cobbler recipe by substituting the sugar with a Trim Healthy Mama-approved sweetener and the carb-heavy crust with a new low-carb crust, this cobbler turned out better than the original!
It’s a good thing this cobbler is sugar-free and full of healthy ingredients; it’s melt-in-your-mouth flavor had me going back for more again and again!
(I actually had it for breakfast on Sunday morning!)
I bet you can’t wait to make this now, too!
- •6 cups fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- •1/2 cup Swerve sweetener*
- •1 Tbsp. lemon juice (1/2 large lemon or 1 whole small lemon will yield 1 Tbsp. of juice--I use my handy citrus juicer!)
- •3 Tbsp. Trim Healthy Mama low-carb baking blend (You can get it here or try making your own from this recipe.)
- 1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2.Combine the fresh, sliced strawberries with the 1/2 cup sweetener, lemon juice, and 3 Tbsp. Trim Healthy Mama baking blend.
- 3.Spread mixture in bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- 4.Blend Trim Healthy Mama baking blend, salt, and sweetener well. Cut in the cold coconut oil with a biscuit cutter or two knives.
- 5.Add the finely-shredded coconut to the topping mixture. If your blender can handle it (my Blendtec can!), whiz the entire topping ingredients for several seconds until the coconut is well combined with the baking mix.
- 6.Top filling with the topping.
- 7.Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 8.Let cool for several minutes before serving.
- 9.If you're not dairy-free, top with 0% Greek yogurt--or top with coconut cream or whipped cream!
*The Trim Healthy Mama eating plan (and cookbook) uses non-sugar natural sweeteners, like stevia, erythritol, xylitol, chicory root, and monk fruit extract. I personally enjoy a mix of these as my motto with food is: “Everything in moderation; nothing in excess.” I am sure you can make this recipe using one of the Trim Healthy Mama sweeteners, like Gentle Sweet or Super Sweet. You would probably need less of both, as both of those are sweeter than sugar and Swerve measures cup for cup like sugar. I get my Swerve from Vitacost (you can grab a $5 off coupon here); it’s a blend of erythritol and chicory root.
If you’re interested in why sweeteners like erythritol and xylitol are considered natural even though they look hard to pronounce, check out these great posts by my friend Lindsey:
Do you pick strawberries with your family? What is your favorite strawberry cobbler recipe? Have you ever made a gluten free strawberry cobbler? Share in the comments!