After nearly 4 years of blogging, I am excited to welcome my husband, Will, as a guest poster here for the first time today! It was his idea to write this post on stocking stuffer ideas for men, and I’m glad because I never know what to get him (or my dad or my brother or my father-in-law, etc.) for Christmas! I hope this post will help give you ideas on what to get your man. It sure helped me! ~Erin 🙂
Guest Post by Will Odom
When you are done here, check out the follow up to this post: Even More Stocking Stuffers for Men
You just don’t know what to get him, so you throw your hands up and grab some underwear and socks.
Sometimes we, the men in your life, can be difficult to buy for, especially when it comes to filling the infamous Christmas stocking. However, it doesn’t really have to be all that difficult.
Think specifically about the men in your life. Does he play golf or like other sports? Does he enjoy hunting or fishing? Is he a techie? Include things from his interests.
There are always the normal gifts of gift cards, movie tickets, candy, gum, batteries, ammo, homemade coupons, or magazines. And those are ALL great gifts. Even the occasional pair of underwear (something fun) or socks can do a man good, especially since we very rarely buy those things for ourselves. But I’ve put together a few suggestions that would fit nicely in a stocking…
Check out these 32 Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Men
1. Whether in the office or at home a handmade wooden pen can make those mundane tasks more enjoyable or at least make you look classy while doing them.
2. In this age of iPhones and technology, some guys still like to jot things down with a pen and paper. These mini journals are a great size. Or how about some Aqua Notes for those ideas or thoughts that hit you in the shower.
7. Any men in your family have facial hair? If so, Hobo Beard Oil will keep it healthy and tame.
10. Changing skin care products is one of the last things men change when moving toward a more natural lifestyle free of harsh chemicals. You can help with natural skin care like this shaving cream from Pacific Shaving Company or this lip balm from Lexie Naturals.
12. A few guys have even gone back to using safety razors and claim they get a closer shave. Then there is always the electric back shaver or baKblade for those hard to reach areas. Dollar Shave Club is definitely worth checking out as well–very good quality for an excellent price.
13. Some guys are movie buffs, so his favorite guy movie will make a great addition to his DVD library.
14. Some light, fun reading can always be good to de-stress or take his mind off everyday life. Or something with a little more substance like How God Makes Men is always a good read and is one of my new favorites. Even something to read with his son or daughter will be a hit.
15. While most guys don’t like carrying a huge keychain in their pockets, a small one can be fun and have some added bonuses. I like this carabiner, this knife (just be careful in the airport), this globe and the Tardis for Dr. Who fans. I have a small lego superman one.
16. From wall decals to car decals to computer decals, a good sticker can spice up any area of his life. I get comments about my superman one all the time.
17. And if he wants to have a little more fun, some temporary tattoos could be just the thing for a laugh.
18. If any man in your life is a coffee drinker, the Volcanica Coffee Company has something for him.
22. As a man with all women in my house, I often have a hard time finding bandages that aren’t pink or covered in princesses. These mustache bandages or these bacon bandages would solve that problem. And what man doesn’t love bacon?
24. Bowties have made a huge comeback in men’s fashion. Some can pull them off; others won’t touch them. Which is your man?
25. Anything for the man cave– a sign, sports memorabilia, etc. – is always a welcome addition.
26. For the techie in your life, perhaps something practical would be useful. How about a portable charger to keep his devices charged on the the go. Or a Boogie Board to jot down lists or notes. If he’s a gamer, how about a subscription to Xbox live or another item for his preferred system.
27. Does anyone like to travel? This travel map is a great way to mark the countries that have been visited. Or use this leather passport cover for important documents. How about this travel case if he has a celebratory cigar on occasion?
Then there are the tools to open your bottles, like this Millennium Falcon Bottle Opener.
32. Our Christmas tree includes ornaments from memorable moments in our marriage, our interests, our travels, etc. Give him an ornament for the tree that marks an important event or showcases his sports team or shows his interests.
What are your stocking stuffer ideas for men?
See all of our previous gift guides HERE!
Disclosure: I have included affiliate links in this post.