Inside: Subscription boxes for men can solve all your gift-giving problems–especially if you’re looking for gifts for men! These 15 boxes prove that there is a subscription box your man will love.
By Will Odom, Erin’s husband
Men can often be notoriously difficult to buy for, but why is that?
Instead of writing this post herself, Erin asked me to write it since I’m a man and have a better idea of the types of gifts men want to receive.
With that said, here are 4 reasons why I personally think men are hard to buy for sometimes:
- Many men often just don’t discuss their likes, wants, or needs as openly as women do, so you are left clueless or in the dark about what they actually enjoy.
- Most men don’t accessorize as much as women do when it comes to jewelry, etc.
- A lot of men are quite picky (even though they wouldn’t admit it) about what style of wallet they use, what type of watch they wear, what kind of clothes they like, etc.
- Let’s be honest: Men like their toys, so when a man wants something, he (often) just goes out and buys it himself (at least that is how it works in our house since Erin is the saver, and I am the spender!). As such, your man may already has everything you would have bought him.
Obviously, these are generalization and don’t apply to every man. However, plenty of man would agree (if they are willing to admit it).
So, you are often left to rack your brain to come up with a gift idea for your husband or other significant man in your life. Or, you just end up buying the same thing again…which isn’t always a bad thing if it’s something he really likes.
Erin and I think we have found a solution that will help alleviate your frustration of shopping for gifts for men and satisfy even the most the difficult and stubborn man to shop for.
Related: Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Men
Related: Even More Stocking Stuffers for Men
15 Subscription Boxes for Men
Subscription boxes for men are a great gift idea for men when you don’t know what to give him.
What is a subscription box you may ask? It’s a box full of your man’s favorite things that he receives every month, every other month, or some other period of time.
Not only is he getting something he enjoys, but he also he gets it throughout the year. Subscription boxes for men (or for anyone–I might add!) are like the gifts that keep on giving.
There is pretty much a subscription box for men for any interest, and we think these well could be the answer to all your shopping challenges when it comes to the question of what gifts to purchase for your husband or other man in your life!
Related: A Guy’s Review of Stitch Fix for Men
1. Clothing Subscription Boxes for Men are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
A lot of men don’t like buying clothes for themselves or don’t really know what to buy. That’s why services like Stitch Fix work so well.
Your man selects what he likes and dislikes or what he would wear and not wear, and a personal stylist picks choices for him.
He can keep what he likes or send it all back and ask for other items.
I have used Stitch Fix for Men multiple times over the years and, overall, I really like them. At this updated writing (2023), I recently started a new job where I need to wear more business casual clothing versus the jeans and T-shirts I was allowed to wear while teaching high school. Stitch Fix was my go-to for adding a few new work-ready outfits to my wardrobe.
(Note: I tried another men’s clothing subscription box in the past as well, but, at this updated writing , that company is no longer in existence.)
Related: Natural Skincare for Men
2. Underclothes Subscription Boxes for Men are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
My favorite is MeUndies because they send a new pair each month. You can be as basic or as adventurous as you want with classic colors or fun prints.
Or, you can try Basic Man or Underwear Expert. Your man chooses his style and colors, and they send him a pair or two on whatever frequency he chooses. This way, he’s not wearing the same “holely” underwear until they fall apart.
Related: How to Stay Married During Crisis
3. Shaving Subscription Boxes for Men are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
I have used Dollar Shave Club for years and have always liked their products. I mainly uses their razors since I use shave soap, but they have a wide variety of products that can delivered straight to your man each month or every other month.
(Note: Erin and our teenage girls also use Dollar Shave Club razors now too!)
Related: How to Turn Your Bathroom Into a Spa
4. Facial Hair or Beard Care Subscription Boxes for Men are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
If your man doesn’t shave but instead enjoys sporting some kind of facial hair, then the Beard Care Club or Beardsanity or the Beard Club would be a good fit. Your man gets quality, natural beard grooming products sent right to his door to keep that facial hair nice and soft for you.
5. Skincare Subscription Boxes for Men are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
A lot of men don’t always take care of their skin the way they should to protect it. Recently, there as been an increase in natural skincare options for men. These are specifically geared toward men’s needs, likes, etc. Some of them like, Fresche, have boxes that are delivered every month.
Related: An Honest Review of ButcherBox
6. Meat Delivery Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
What man wouldn’t like a box of meat delivered to this door? ButcherBox or Farm Foods can both make that happen grass-fed steaks, beef, pork, etc. Another option is the meat delivery service from Perdue Farms. This is yet another meat delivery service that delivers straight to your door, and they offer a surprising growing assortment of organic meats.
7. Grilling Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
If your man is the master of the grill in the house, then why not encourage him to cook a little more often with the Grill Masters Club. They will send him the best grilling and BBQing products right to his grill.
Related: Christmas Gift Guide
8. Jerky Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
To continue with the meat theme, beef jerky is a popular snack for many men. It’s good for on the job, in the deer stand, or anywhere life takes him. LOLJerky or Carnivore Club can provide your man with some variety and unique flavors.
Related: 5 Alternatives to Elf on the Shelf
Related: Let’s Dump the “Dumb Dad” Stereotype
9. Coffee Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
If your man can’t survive without his morning cup of Joe, there are a variety of subscription boxes for every taste, like Bean Box. These boxes will deliver freshly roasted premium beans from a variety of growers to your doorstep each month.
10. Outdoors Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
For the outdoorsmen, Battle Box would be an excellent choice. This box delivers survival and tactile gear, so your man can survive the zombie apocalypse.
11. Fitness Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
For the guy who likes to hit the gym, run, or just stay fit, GainzBox provides the gear to make reaching his fitness a reality.
Related: Last-Minute Digital Gift Ideas
Related: 5 Ways to Have a Stress-Free Holiday
12. Sports Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
Sports is always a hit with many men, so Mully Box is sure to please. In each box, guys get an assortment of fan merchandize for their favorite team.
Related: 10 Unique Father’s Day Gifts
Related: 15+ Graduation Gift Ideas
13. Comics or Geek Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
Many a guy have collected comics over the years, so if your man is still into comics, The Heroes Tower Geeky Mystery Box should be at the top of his list. They’ll get premium comics delivered straight to their door and each month will have something to read and collect.
Related: How to KonMari Your Christmas
14. Minifigures Subscription Boxes are Among the Subscription Boxes for Men Your Man May Love
Minifigures are a hot, fun item for many guys to collect. There are the official Lego brand with Minifig Monthly. Whatever their interest, they can find minifigures to match.
Related: How to Have a Debt-Free Christmas
Related: Tie-Less Father’s Day Gift Ideas
For those guys that want a little nostalgia, the Vinyl Record Club can provide just that. Each month he will receive a cassette tape or record to take him back to the good old days.
Something for Everyone
Subscription boxes for men can help you find something he would really enjoy.
If your man is interested in something else that isn’t listed here or you just want to explore what subscription boxes are available, then check out Crate Joy. They keep a running list of almost every club or box available, so that you can find the perfect gift for the man in your life.
Would you ever consider a subscription box for men? If so, which one? If not, why not?
For more ideas for men, check out Will’s stocking stuffer post: