I’ve never been a chocolate girl. But peanut butter and chocolate together? Now that’s my idea of a true treat!
For as long as I can remember, my favorite candy has been Reese’s peanut butter cups. I still do love them–and eat them occasionally–but I admit, it’s hard to enjoy some of my old favorites when I have this nagging feeling that I’m consuming bits of soy (especially since I found out I have some thyroid issues, which is affected by soy), not to mention a plethora of other unhealthy ingredients.
Don’t get me wrong: I think it’s FINE to occasionally indulge on a treat that’s not the healthiest (My hubby…ahem…brought me home a bad, bad, bad peanut butter shake last night! Haha!), BUT, while we’re at home, I much prefer to make our treats with wholesome and nutritious ingredients.
Chock full of chocolate, with just a hint of peanut butter, these healthy truffles are sure to please both chocolate and peanut butter lovers alike!
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
1/2 cup natural (or homemade) peanut butter
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut
2 TBSP cocoa powder, divided
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine peanut butter, honey, coconut, 1 TBSP cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Place in fridge to harden for 1 hour.
2. Once hardened, scoop out teaspoon-sized portions and roll into balls.
3. Roll balls in remaining 1 TBSP cocoa powder.
4. Let balls harden in fridge for another hour—if you can wait that long!
- These truffles are super chocolaty. If you want more peanut butter taste, either leave out the cocoa powder or chocolate chips. You will still want to roll the truf-fles in the cocoa.
- These are chunky truffles. For a smoother texture, use mini chocolate chips—or leave the chocolate chips out altogether.
Another new healthy favorite treat of mine is Creating Naturally’s Healthy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge!
This recipe is one of 22 healthy holiday treats in Healthy Holidays: Slightly Indulgent Sweet Treats! This eBook is FREE to my RSS/e-mail subscribers!! If you subscribe, look for the link to the book in the footer of every email/RSS feed…all winter long!
- Coconut-Cranberry Peanut Butter Truffles
- Allergen-Free Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
- Probiotic Pumpkin Dip
Check out some more sweet treats in my awesome affiliate sponsors’ books:
I’m linking up with: Growing Home, Frugally Sustainable, Simple Lives Thursday, Your Green Resource, Turning The Table Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Full Plate Thursday, Things I Love Thursday, Frugal Friday, Fight Back Friday, Friday Food, Living Well Blog Hop,