Homemade pumpkin pie spice is a cinch to make! If your grocery store doesn’t have it in stock yet (or runs out), or if you just plain want to stay home and not bother adding it to your shopping list, try this easy pumpkin pie spice recipe instead.
When I was a newlywed, it seemed like I was always running to the store for something I needed for a recipe.
Pumpkin pie spice was one of those things. Then one day it hit me–I had all the spices I needed to make my own spice blends!
What is pumpkin pie spice made out of?
All you need to make DIY pumpkin pie spice is ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger. Mix up these spices to taste and store in a small glass jar.
Here’s the recipe I personally use for homemade pumpkin pie spice:
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Use homemade pumpkin pie spice to flavor pumpkin pies, smoothies, muffins, your morning coffee, and anything else that needs a dash of fall flavor!
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Mix all the spices together.
- Store in an airtight container.
Image by clshearin
13 Pumpkin Recipes You Can Add Pumpkin Pie Spice To
After you make a batch of pumpkin spice, you can use it to flavor any of these delicious fall pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Yogurt Dip
- Deceptively-Delicious Potato (w/ pumpkin!) Soup @ Intentional By Grace
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Pancakes @ Kitchen Stewardship
- Pumpkin Spice Bagels @ Humorous Homemaking
- Pumpkin Spice Latte @ Averie Cooks
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread @ Modern Alternative Mama
- Pumpkin Cream Smoothie
- Pumpkin Walnut Bread @ Keeper of the Home
- Maple Syrup Pumpkin Pie @ Jo’s Health Corner
- Vegan No-Bake Pumpkin Pie @ Averie Cooks
- Old Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies @ The Encouraging Home
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?