Today begins our new series–”After Baby Comes: Postpartum Recovery Tips & Blessings for New Moms.” I’m blessed to have a full line-up of very talented guest posters, so I can recover and enjoy my new sweet baby! Today, Kayse is giving some great tips on how to bless new moms–or any friend–with freezer meals! Please pay her site a visit!
Hello, Humbled Homemaker Readers!! I’m so excited to be here! Today I want to talk to you about my favorite way to bless a new mommy: Freezer Meals!
Let’s face it, those last few weeks before the baby comes, every pregnant woman is going a little insane. So anything we can do to make her life a little easier, well, it’s worth it!
Stocking her freezer with a few essential freezer meals is one great way to do that. When a brand new mommy (or an expert mommy with a brand new baby and a handful of other munchkins) comes home from the hospital, the last thing on her mind is cooking a hot, healthy meal. Here’s where you come in!
There are a couple of handy ways to do this:
- Double Up: In the week or two before her due date, and even into the first couple of weeks after she’s home, simply double the recipe for your own homemade meals. Before cooking, split the batch in half, and use a disposable pan (we don’t want her to worry about dishes, do we?) to freeze a full meal for your new mommy friend!
- Cooking Day: Make a day of it! Invite a buddy over and get cooking for the day. You can find tons of meals online that freeze well, and you won’t believe how much you can accomplish with one day of cooking! My friend and I did this just a couple of months ago, and we successfully made 112 lunches in 7 hours – all freezable!
- Baked Oatmeal
- Stuffed Italian Chicken Meatloaf
- My Famous Chicken Chili
- Easy-Peasy Pasta Bake
- Cheddar and Cracker Chicken
- Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas
- Chocolate Caramel Cake (Ok, so this one isn’t for freezing, but every new mommy needs her some chocolate! And you’d better make two of them – one for her and one for yourself!)
- Check out my post on our huge cooking day. There’s tons of great freezing recipe links in there too!
Have you ever blessed a new mom–or any friend–with freezer meals? What are your best freezer meal recipes/tips?
Come check out our other “After Baby Comes: Postpartum Recovery Tips & Blessings for New Moms” all month long!
Subscribe below and don’t miss a post!