This post is sponsored by Udi’s® Gluten Free. All comments and opinions are my own.
Over the past several years, I’ve grown to love salmon. From the time my girls were toddlers, I’ve fed them canned salmon for lunches, and I always feel good about the protein and brain boost I’m giving them with this super food.
Lately though, I’ve noticed that the girls have wanted me to dress their salmon up a bit. Just plain, flaked salmon from the can wasn’t cutting it (and truly, I can see why).
I decided to try my hand at creating some Salmon Melt Sandwiches, and—oh my goodness—they are absolutely delicious!
Our family has been gluten free for 7 1/2 years now, so I used Udi’s® Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread to make the melts.
I’m happy to report that the Udi’s Gluten Free bread stays together, tastes delicious, and is definitely worth it! It’s a game changer! While other gluten free breads can look miniature, Udi’s 24 oz loaves have 30% larger per slice when compared to conventional sandwich breads. I also love that is it certified gluten free, is dairy and nut-free, and has 8 grams of whole grains per serving, plus other vitamins and minerals. You can find it in the frozen gluten free section of Publix.
Gluten Free Salmon Melts
- 1 can (6 ounces) salmon, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon salsa
- 1 drop hot sauce
- 2 pieces sliced cheese
- 4 slices Udi’s Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread
- several pats of butter
- Flake salmon with a fork in a small bowl.
- Add the mayo, mustard, salsa, and hot sauce to the bowl and combine well.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread in a skillet, butter side down, and heat to medium.
- Spread half of salmon mixture on one slice of bread.
- Place cheese slice on top of salmon mixture.
- Cook until the bread starts to brown. Flip the slice of bread without the mixture on it to now be on top of the bread with the mixture.
- Flip again until both sides are browned but not burned.
Makes two sandwiches.
From 1/6/19 – 3/10/19 (while supplies last), you can save $1.30 on Udi’s Gluten Free Bread at Publix. Click here for savings and make sure to stop by your local Publix.