It’s hard to believe this is the final post in our 2-week “Safe in the Sun” series! To recap, we’ve talked about:
- Sunscreen vs. Sun Exposure: Risks & Benefits
- The Benefits of Sun Exposure
- Minimizing the Risk of Too Much Sun Exposure While Maximizing the Sun’s Benefits
- 5 Homemade Sunscreen Recipes
- Our 3 natural sunscreen reviews: TruKid, Kabana and MelanSol
Overall, I gave all of the sunscreens a positive review. My family didn’t burn while wearing any of them, and the ingredients in each one are much better than what you would find in a conventional sunscreen.
But you may be wondering: Which one is my favorite? Which one would I buy my family if I were you? (I received all 3 brands free of charge for my reviews.)
Well, it depends. Here are my top favorite features of each one, and at the bottom I will tell you my favorite. 😉
- chemical-free ingredients (and no vitamin A!)
- perfect consistency
- smells amazing
- perfect for kids
- top-knotch ingredients–NO petrochemicals!
- very few ingredients (6-9), and I could recognize them all
- added vitamin D3
- SPF testing data available to public
- tinted versions can double as make-up 😉
- The SPF 35 version is a bit chalky.
- antioxidant ingredients
- rubs in well
- My favorite feature is that it starts working immediately…no need to apply in advance!
And for my absolute favorite of all 3?! Drum Roll….
Kabana Organic Skincare! If money were absolutely no issue, this is the sunscreen I would go with every summer. The company website is chock full of helpful information about both sunscreens and sun exposure, and the ingredients are the best you will find. I love that there are no petrochemicals in this sunscreen!
Now…if price were (and, honestly, it is an issue with my family) what would I do?
But…to be completely honest…I hope I have some Kabana leftover–because I truly love this sunscreen!
Would I buy the others? Yes, I absolutely would buy the others over the store brands.