Welcome to this month’s edition of Homemade Homemaking! This month, I am reviewing and hosting a GIVEAWAY for My Buttered Life, an e-book that gives FIVE make-it-yourself recipes for body care products.
Do you ever find yourself struggling to decipher all the chemicals and other ingredients in most body care products?
Especially since having children, I’ve wanted to simplify what I put on my family’s skin. After all, our skin is our biggest organ, and it absorbs EVERYTHING.
But finding natural alternatives to additive-laden body care products can be frustrating. Often, they are either too expensive or hard to come by.
For only $5.00, the book gives 5 recipes that each only require 5 ingredients! The recipes are for:
- a foot conditioning bar
- a full body conditioner
- bug repellent
- sunscreen, and
- a tan enhancer
The products are all made with simple and natural ingredients, such as shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax and essential oils.
In My Buttered Life, Renee goes on to include tips for storage, where to buy the ingredients at a good price and even instructional videos for visual learners.
Worried it might somehow cost more to make your own products? Have no fear. Renee gives a breakdown on the cost of each product and includes a FAQ section as well.
For $5.00, you can buy My Buttered Life here. If you purchase a lotion and lip balm do-it-yourself kit from Renee’s website, she offers the book for FREE.
Renee has graciously offered one Humbled Homemaker reader a FREE COPY of My Buttered Life!
To enter to win, simply leave me a comment with your e-mail address and why you need this e-book!
There are several opportunities for extra entries. (Please leave a separate comment for each entry.)
1. Subscribe to The Humbled Homemaker via RSS or e-mail. (You can subscribe to every post OR weekly updates.)
2. Like The Humbled Homemaker on Facebook.
3. Follow The Humbled Homemaker on Twitter.
4. Share about the giveaway via FB, Twitter or your personal blog (and leave me a link).
5. Leave a comment on another Humbled Homemaker post. (Tell me which post.)
6. Like MadeOn Hard Lotion on Facebook.
7. Sign up for the MadeOn newsletter.
8. Subscribe to the MadeOn blog, where Renee gives even more do-it-yourself skin care recipes and tips!
9. Follow MadeOn Hard Lotion on Twitter.
Check out more of Renee’s all-natural body care products at MadeOn. I have personally tried her Beeswax and Chocolate lotions bars, and I must say–I LOVED them!
This contest will run until Friday, Sept. 9, and I will announce a winner Monday, Sept. 12!