Image by nkzs
I’m so excited about Plan It, Don’t Panic Week 2! I felt so energized after last week’s challenge–and I got SO many new recipes from the link-up over at Keeper of the Home! (Check out my Pinterest for some of the recipes!)
This challenge is helping to bring some order and JOY back into planning meals for my family!
Without further ado, check out the recipe for tonight’s dinner–Creamy Potato Soup with Veggies–and scroll down for this week’s meal plan!
- • 8 white potatoes, peeled & diced
- • 4 carrots, peeled & sliced into "coins"
- • 2 celery stalks, sliced
- • 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- • 32 oz. stock (chicken, ham or veggie)
- • 2 1/2 cups milk
- • thyme, to taste
- • salt & pepper, to taste
- • 2 cups chopped kale
- • enough water to cover potatoes & carrots
- 1. Boil potatoes and carrots until just soft (but not mushy).
- 2. Add stock, celery, mushrooms, milk and seasonings.
- 3. Cook on medium-high until soup starts to bubble.
- 4. Add kale and cook for a few minutes on medium-low.
- 5. Set on simmer until ready to serve. (I sometimes serve immediately.)
- Serves 6-8
Breakfast-egg/dairy/GF breakfast bars (subbing peanut butter for the applesauce)
Lunch-leftover chicken noodle soup
Dinner-creamy potato soup w/ veggies (scroll above for recipe!)
Prep: Bake bars; thaw meat and chop veggies for Tuesday; soak white beans for Wednesday’s muffins
Breakfast-egg/dairy/GF breakfast bars
Lunch-leftover potato soup
Dinner-Modern Alternative Mama’s sausage & peppers w/ spaghetti squash from Against the Grain (affiliate link)
Prep: Cook white beans for muffins, thaw chicken and chop veggies, rinse and soak quinoa
Dinner-breakfast for supper
Prep: shred cheese, soak black beans, chop peppers
Breakfast-eggs (for me and hubby) and pancakes for Little Girl
Dinner:black bean/chicken quesadillas with GF tortillas for Little Girl
Prep: thaw chicken
Breakfast: grain-free blueberry muffins
Lunch: Modern Alternative Mama’s Chicken Marinade from Real Food Basics (in the crock pot) (affiliate link) green beans, rice
What’s on your menu this week?