A few months back, I had the opportunity of testing recipes for Modern Alternative Mama’s third ebook–Against the Grain: Delicious Recipes for the Whole Food and Grain-Free Diet.
Want to try out one of the recipes yourself? My favorite dessert from the book is Kate’s white bean vanilla cake.
White Bean Vanilla Cake
- 3 c. white beans, cooked and plain
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¾ c. raw honey
- 6 eggs*
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Pour into a 7" cake pan or into a cupcake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350.
*I have not yet made these with an egg substitute. (My go-to substitute is flax meal and water.)
Giveaway ends Thursday, September 29, 2011.
- via RSS (like Google Reader/Google Friends Connect) here
- Subscribe to receive every post (3-4 times/week) via e-mail here
- Subscribe for weekly e-mails here
- Find me on Facebook here
- Follow me on Twitter here