It’s no secret that cooking at home is not only cheaper but also healthier for your family. I am no gourmet chef, and, over the years, skillet meals have become a favorite of mine to prepare.
This herb chicken skillet is definitely going to become a regular on my meal plans!
Without further ado, check out the stellar ingredient list.
Herb Chicken Skillet
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. McCormick Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and seasonings. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
Serves 6. This recipe is a THM FP if served over konjac root noodles or zucchini noodles. It can be a THM E if served over brown rice or brown rice or quinoa pasta that is on on plan.