It’s no secret that cooking at home is not only cheaper but also healthier for your family. I am no gourmet chef, and, over the years, skillet meals have become a favorite of mine to prepare.
To help home cooks find wholesome dinner ideas during busy back-to-school schedules, McCormick.com used Google data to identify the top 10 most-searched dinner recipe terms during the fall of 2012 and matched them with simple and flavorful McCormick.com recipes.
McCormick asked me to make the following herb chicken skillet. Oh.my.goodness. Not only was it absolutely delicious, but it was also very, very quick and easy to prepare–and it included ingredients that I almost always have on hand!
This herb chicken skillet is definitely going to become a regular on my meal plans!
Without further ado, check out the stellar ingredient list. Then view and save more recipes at McCormick.com!
Herb Chicken Skillet
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. McCormick Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and seasonings. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
If you’re looking for a place to get affordable chicken in bulk, check out Zaycon Foods. I have been getting chicken breasts there for as low as $1.69/lb! Zaycon also carries other meats, including wild Argentine shrimp! Their prices are typically a fraction of the price you would pay in the grocery store! Check out Zaycon here. You can also earn Zaycon credits with each new customer YOU refer: $5 the first time they order and pick up at a sales event, $1 every order after that. There’s no limit to how many friends you can refer and how much you can earn!
Hop on over to the McCormick site to find more recipes like this Herb Chicken Skillet with Spinach and Tomatoes!
What’s your favorite McCormick spice? OR Which McCormick recipe are you interested in trying from McCormick.com?