Today, we found out the sex of baby #3! (Scroll to the end if you just can’t wait to know!) I know lots of people these days like to be surprised and wait until the birth, but that’s just not us.
And we decided that this go around, we’d do something creative to reveal the sex to our family and a couple of nearby friends. After finding out the sex, we called a local cupcake shop and ordered cupcakes to be filled with icing the color of the baby’s sex (either pink or blue!).
We didn’t have any showers for our second baby (and I expect we won’t for this one either), but we wanted some fun way to show this baby in his/her baby book that we celebrated his/her life even before it began!
Here are 5 fun ways to announce your baby’s sex:
1. Fill cupcakes with the color blue for a boy or pink for a girl!
2. Fill gift boxes with helium balloons in either pink or blue, and have your family and friends over for a party to all open the gifts at the same time!
Image by Pink Sherbet Photography
3. Give out pink or blue lollipops to your family, friends and co-workers.
Image by Phil Scoville
4. Dress your older children (or pets!) in pink or blue clothes and post the pics to Facebook as a hint. Your friends will have fun figuring it out!
5. Perhaps the most feasible for faraway friends, write a blog post about it!
And…drum roll…Baby Odom #3 is a….
What are some creative ways you’ve announced your baby’s gender? (Or do you find out?)
Are you expecting your own little one? Get FREE week-by-week pregnancy updates here!
I got a teddy bear from build-a-bear, and bought a little blue outfit, and a little pink outfit. When we came out from the sonogram room, we had the bear dressed in blue to announce it was a boy!
How cute!! Love Build-A-Bear!
I love it! 🙂 We are having our first and thought a gender reveal party would be fun. So we had the results given to my sister, who then filled a bag with confetti and glitter. We then pulled a string that released it over our heads, revealing that we are going to have a baby boy 🙂 It was super fun having everyone there and finding out the gender with us!
How fun!! Congrats!