Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
Ingredients for donut holes:
- 1 ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or butter), melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup milk
Ingredients for coating:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 2/3 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil or butter. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet ingredients in another.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoons or with a melon baller into the muffin pan. Bake on 350F for 12-15 minutes. (I had to bake this version for longer than the allergen-free version below.)
- While the donut holes are baking, combine sucanat and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour melted coconut oil in another dish. I leave mine on the stovetop, so the coconut oil doesn’t harden.
- Once you take the donut holes out of the oven, dip them in the oil, then roll them in the sucanat/spice mixture.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/natural-holiday-allergen-free-pumpkin/