If you need some non-junk stocking stuffers for kids, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve decided to only stock our kids’ stockings with non-junk stocking stuffers!
One thing we decided early on was that we don’t want to give our kids junk in their stockings.
We want to fill them with fun, useful items they will love. Although we do stuff them with a little candy, we also don’t want to simply fill their stockings with junk food.
Today, we’re sharing some of the items we’ve put in our kids’ stockings over the years (some but not all are going in this year’s stockings!).
We hope this will give you some ideas as you shop for non-junk stocking stuffers for your kids’ stockings this year!
[content box]The items are divided into girls, boys, and both. There may be a little more crossover, but they are divided rather typically.[/content_box]
40+ Non-Junk Stocking Stuffers for Kids
For the Girls
- change purses: these from Amazon are darling and we even saw some at the Dollar Store recently!
- fuzzy socks: also got some at ALDI this year!
- bath bombs (or make your own bath bombs)
- child-size aprons (rolled up to fit inside their stockings!)
- knit gloves or mittens
- tiny dolls: we got these American Girl ones for our girls when they were on sale for super cheap!
- small Lego sets
- Piggy Paint (this sticker nail art set would be fun as well!)
- child-size wet brushes : These make detangling my girls’ hair oh.so.easy! (I use the adult version on my hair!)
- doll hairbrushes
- mini notepads
- headbands: We even found some good ones at the Dollar Store recently!
- earrings (or stick-on earrings for those who don’t have their ears pierced!)
- necklaces with your child’s initial!
- charm bracelets
- new underwear
- mini soap sets
- reusable snack bags
- small cosmetic bag or pencil bag
For the Boys
(Note: Many books, including Percy Jackson, can work for any child. They reason they were included here is because the main character Percy is a boy, but I know many girls who have also enjoyed these books.)
- dino coin bag
- boy wallet
- Superhero socks
- space bath bombs
- Star Wars hat and gloves
- mini Lego kits
- Lego bags
- Bonehead comb
- Lego notepad
- Justice League boxers
- Sports ball soap
- Superman snack bags
- Superhero pencil bag
- flavored chapstick: Free Reign Farm and Made On (tinted for the older girls!) make some of our favorite chapsticks. For mainstream brands, you can’t go wrong with Burt’s Bees brand chapstick!
- organic suckers: These are going in our girls’ stockings this year!
- organic peanut butter cups
- chocolate: If you have an ALDI, they have a great selection of dark chocolates that are much lower in sugar than the milk chocolate varieties. Your kids might need to get used to the flavor, though!
- fun pencils or invisible ink pen
- bathtub crayons
- washable markers
- xylitol-sweetened (sugar-free) gum
- organic fruit snacks : I’ve gotten a store brand at Sam’s and BJ’s if you have time to get to one before Christmas!
- fruit leather : I also like to buy the ALDI version!
- sidewalk chalk
- classic watercolor paint set
- embroidery kit
- small sewing kit
- fun toothbrushes (check Aldi – they can have fun ones too!)
- kid flossers (Our girls think the flossers are the coolest things ever when they get them from the dentist, so we decided to add them to their stockings this year!)
- bubble bath
- fun bath loofas
- Spend, Save, Share jar
What are your ideas for non-junk stocking stuffers for kids?
Related Posts: If you are looking for more ideas, check out these posts: