Welcome to this month’s edition of Reminiscent Recipes. Read along as I reminisce…or skip ahead for the recipe.
Last summer, my husband and I found a little treasure hidden among the back roads of our county–Mrs. Hazel’s blueberry “farm.”
This summer, the baby who “rode” along in my belly as we picked last year now resides in the Boba carrier on my husband’s back. Her 3-year-old sister squeals in delight at Mrs. Hazel’s cat and eats her fill of berries while her bucket sits empty.
|Rosy cheeks drenched in sweat after blueberry picking|
I hope you enjoy this recipe for blueberry muffins. I got the original recipe from allrecipes, but I’ve tweaked it to take out the refined sugars.
|Image by diamondjoy|
No-Refined Sugar Blueberry Muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil or butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, honey, salt and baking powder. Place oil (or butter) into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Do you have a special blueberry recipe to share? Or maybe a special memory to go along with blueberry picking? Let’s reminisce…