Today is my 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday. 😉 OK–if you did the math, today is my 32nd birthday. Wow! I don’t feel 32. It seems that just yesterday I was 15 and my 30s were a lifetime away. And now I’m there–with a husband and 3 beautiful little girls to mother!
A lot of bloggers like to take the opportunity to share a little bit about themselves with their readers on their birthdays. I did that last year, but going along with the theme of my site, I thought that this year I’d put a special emphasis on 32 humbling things about me. Because…none of us are perfect (but it’s easy to think that sometimes from the other side of the computer screen).
So, here goes. I’m laying it all out. Check out the following real, raw, transparent, vulnerable, authentic, humbling 32 things about me on my 32nd birthday!
1. I get easily overwhelmed.
2. I take on too much.
3. I have a hard time saying “no” to others–even when doing so would mean more “yeses” for my family (those who really matter!).
4. I am can be terribly disorganized (but I’m working on it!).
5. And more often than not, I fly by the seat of my pants.
6. I’m clumsy–which means I spill things a lot.
7. I’m messy (see #6).
8. And am prone to clutter (piles of laundry in the closet and dishes in the sink and junk mail on the counter, anyone?).
9. Sometimes the lunch dishes are still sitting on the kitchen table at dinner time.
10. Sometimes I forget to change my babies’ diapers (I have two in them now).
11. And I’m habitually late (although when it comes to writing, I never miss a deadline). (I recently discovered this signals disrespect to people, so I’m working on this! Most often I’m lost in…#28 below, which makes me late.)
12. I’m forever forgetful.
13. My brain gets foggy if I don’t get proper nutrition or take my supplements.
14. It’s been foggy lately.
15. My baby’s two months old, and I still look like I’m 6 months pregnant (I have a diastasis).
16. I don’t exercise (but that’s coming!).
17. I stay up too late…way, way too late.
18. And I sleep in until my kids wake me up.
19. I too often neglect my quiet time.
20. I spend too much time on the internet–so much so that I recently called it quits for the time being and deactivated my personal Facebook account (for real!).
21. Sometimes the laundry stays in the washing machine so long that I have to re-wash–or at least re-rinse with a 1/2 cup of vinegar to remove the sour smell.
22. I lose things.
23. I’m addicted to coffee–just one cup a day. But if I don’t have that one cup–whew, I can feel it!
24. I often get lost in a dream world.
25. And lack much common sense.
26. I used to pride myself on writing thank you notes. But since my second was born I’ve had a hard time remembering to send them. The other day I found written, sealed thank you notes that I hadn’t sent–from my 2 year old’s baby gifts.
27. I’m not crafty.
28. Sometimes, when the kids are in bed, my husband and I find ourselves watching Dora.
29. I strongly believe a wife should be submissive to her husband…but my strong will often stands in the way of that playing out in my home.
30. I am a sinner–saved only by God’s grace.
31. I’ve been humbled–terribly, horribly, depravedly (is that a word?)…humbled.
32. But I’m a work in progress. God is picking up all my humbled little broken pieces…and fixing me (like only HE can).
OK, now that I’ve laid out 32 humbling things about me…what are some humbling things about you? Do you ever get tired of reading about the “perfect” lives of others when you feel like you don’t measure up?
Please visit my sponsors:
Sweet Little Blessings: Meeting all your cloth diapering needs–with FREE shipping on all order over $40!
Plan to Eat: Meal planning made simple.
The Glass Baby Bottle: Eco-friendly, Toxin Free Essentials for Babies & Toddlers & Kids
With Eager Hands: A blog about being frugal, healthy, living green, raising Godly children, creating beautiful things and giving ways to effectively manage your home.