You will not want to miss these gluten free mozzarella sticks. They are incredibly yummy and surprisingly easy to make!
Mozzarella sticks have been my favorite restaurant appetizer since I was a child.
Would you believe, then, that, up until recently, I had not eaten mozzarella sticks in years?!
Why did I go without this delicious delicacy?
Simple: My family is now gluten-free, and I’ve yet to find a restaurant that offers gluten-free mozzarella sticks.
I don’t know why it had never occurred to me to try my hand at creating my own gluten-free mozzarella sticks, but I’m so glad I finally did!
Using fresh mozzarella cheese from Galbani®, an authentic cheese from Italy; a gluten-free flour blend; eggs; and olive oil, I whipped up these gluten-free mozzarella sticks in mere minutes!
Without further ado, check out my recipe. It’s one you won’t want to miss!
Gluten-Free Mozzarella Sticks
- 2 x 8 oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup of Trim Healthy Mama baking blend OR 1/4 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2-3 pinches sea salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 4-6 Tbsp. olive or refined coconut oil
1. Combine baking blend or flour mixture and all seasonings.
2. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Form cheese slices into "sticks" and dip in whisked eggs.
4. Dip cheese sticks into flour-seasoning mixture.
5. Fry cheese sticks in the olive oil on medium heat.
6. Blot mozzarella sticks on paper towels.
Enjoy with marinara sauce!
I follow the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. These gluten free mozzarella sticks are considered a Trim Healthy Mama S.
This recipe was inspired by the GALBANI® recipe for mozzarella sticks. Check out their site for many more Italian-inspired recipes,using their high-quality, fresh mozzarella and other cheeses!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Taste of Home. The opinions and text are all mine.
Yummy can’t wait to try these out!!! Thank you always looking for more gluten free options and we love our mozzarella sticks 🙂
I hope you enjoy them!
I think my mouth started watering as soon as I read the title – DELICIOUS!! They were a favorite of mine too before I began eating gluten-free. It’ s probably been 10+ years since I’ve enjoyed them. Looking forward to trying this recipe.