Homemade Bread Crumbs
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 stick butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley or other seasonings, to taste (if you want seasoned bread crumbs)
- Chop loaf of bread very finely in chopper or food processor. (You can leave the crumbs chunkier if you like bigger, chunkier bread crumbs. I like them like this. My hubby does not. Hence, I chop mine finely.)
- Melt butter in a stock pot. Add bread crumbs.
- Quickly stir to coat bread crumbs in butter. Keep stirring until the sound of the coated bread crumbs starts to sound like sand on the beach. (I know this sounds strange, but, trust me, you will get it once you try this.)
- Sprinkle desired amount of salt, pepper and other seasonings on bread crumbs. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/homemade-bread-crumbs-homemade/