Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
- 1 lb. pasta (whole wheat or brown rice/GF)--I normally use spaghetti
- 1 lb. chopped spinach (or other green veggie)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or even chopped if you're in a hurry!
- parsley, to taste
- basil, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- shredded parmesan or romano cheese, to taste
- 1 lb. your chosen meat (cubed chicken is my favorite)
- Boil pasta. Cook spinach until still crispy. Pour oil into frying pan, add garlic, basil, oregano and parsley and begin sauteing. Add meat, browning quickly. Add spinach and mushrooms, lower flame and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Pour meat and veggie mixture in the oil over the pasta and mix well. Grate plenty of cheese on top and mix well.
- GF: Use GF pasta
- GAPS: Use spaghetti squash for noodles
- DF: leave out cheese
Recipe by The Humbled Homemaker at https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/pasta-with-spinach-and-mushrooms-and/